Breaking News from Nigerian Evening Newspapers Tuesday 1st April 2025

Breaking News from Nigerian Evening Newspapers and Evening News Tuesday 1st April 2025

These are Breaking Evening News from popular Evening Newspapers in Nigeria Today .

Read also

Sahara Reporters Latest News Today Tuesday 1st April 2025

target=_blank>Di Matteo picks Super Eagles striker Chelsea should sign

Former Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo has urged the Blues to pursue either Newcastle United’s Alexander Isak or Victor Osimhen this summer, insisting the club desperately needs a prolific striker. Speaking to Ladbrokes, the 2012 Champions League-winning manager stressed Chelsea require a forward capable of delivering 20-25 goals per season to mount a serious title
Di Matteo picks Super Eagles striker Chelsea should sign

target=_blank>Israeli airstrike kills Hezbollah official, three others in Beirut

An Israeli airstrike on Tuesday killed four people in Beirut’s southern suburbs, including a Hezbollah official. The Israeli military identified the deceased official, Hassan Bdeir, as both a member of Hezbollah’s military wing and Iran’s Quds Force. They stated he had been assisting Hamas militants in planning what they described as “a significant and imminent
Israeli airstrike kills Hezbollah official, three others in Beirut

target=_blank>Labourer machetes employer to death over kola nut theft in Ondo

A 60-year-old farmer has been murdered by her labourer in Laoso community, along the Laje Camp axis of Ondo West Local Government Area, Ondo State. The attack followed allegations that the labourer had stolen kola nuts from the deceased’s farm. Local sources revealed that after being caught stealing the kola nuts, the labourer pleaded with
Labourer machetes employer to death over kola nut theft in Ondo

target=_blank>Natasha: Akpabio, Yahaya Bello’s conspiracy has run into problem – Odinkalu

Former chairman of the National Human Rights Commission, Professor Chidi Odinkalu, has suggested that the alleged conspiracy between Senate President Godswill Akpabio and former Kogi State governor Yahaya Bello has hit an insurmountable obstacle. Odinkalu, in a post on his X handle, claimed that Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan has become a significant problem for Akpabio and
Natasha: Akpabio, Yahaya Bello’s conspiracy has run into problem – Odinkalu

target=_blank>Putin embarks on biggest Russian military call-up in years

Russian President Vladimir Putin has called up 160,000 men aged 18 to 30 as the country moves to expand its armed forces. The BBC reports this marks Russia’s largest conscription drive since 2011. The move follows Putin’s announcement last year that Russia needed to increase its total military personnel to 2.39 million, including 1.5 million
Putin embarks on biggest Russian military call-up in years

target=_blank>Sunday Oliseh, Rio Ferdinand agree with England star on decision to leave EPL

Former Super Eagles midfielder and coach Sunday Oliseh has agreed with ex-England star Rio Ferdinand’s call for Liverpool fans to appreciate Trent Alexander-Arnold’s contributions to the Reds. This comes after backlash from supporters over the England international’s decision to leave the club. Alexander-Arnold, 26, is a product of Liverpool’s academy but has reportedly agreed to
Sunday Oliseh, Rio Ferdinand agree with England star on decision to leave EPL

target=_blank>Trump administration seeks death sentence against Mangione for Thompson’s killing

United States federal prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against 26-year-old Luigi Mangione, accused of fatally shooting UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson. US attorney general, Pam Bondi said Thompson was shot outside a Manhattan hotel on 4 December. In a statement on Tuesday, Bondi said that she’s “directed federal prosecutors to seek the death penalty” for
Trump administration seeks death sentence against Mangione for Thompson’s killing

target=_blank>Tribunal verdict: Edo Govt, APC, PDP confident of victory

The Edo State Government and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, have all expressed confidence that the Governorship Election Petition Tribunal will deliver judgment in their favour. DAILY POST reports that the three-man tribunal headed by Justice Wilfred Kpochi had reserved judgment in the petition after parties adopted their final written addresses on March 3, 2025
Tribunal verdict: Edo Govt, APC, PDP confident of victory

target=_blank>EPL: Brentford announces Kayode’s return to squad

Brentford have announced the return of Nigeria-eligible full-back Michael Kayode. The Bees’ manager, Thomas Frank, confirmed that the defender is fit to return for their match against Newcastle United on Wednesday. DAILY POST reports that Kayode joined the Premier League side from Fiorentina in the January transfer window. He made the move after winning the
EPL: Brentford announces Kayode’s return to squad

target=_blank>Israel lifts all tariffs on US products

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday announced the lifting of all tariffs imposed on United States products. Netanyahu said the move was aimed at ensuring a competitive market, make the economy more diverse and reduce the cost of living for Israelis. This was announced in a joint statement by Netanyahu and Minister of Economy
Israel lifts all tariffs on US products

Read also

Nigerian Newspapers Today and
Nigeria News Today

Breaking News from Nigerian Evening Newspapers

You can also check

Breaking News this Evening in Nigeria